Your Time  

World Clock

No Cheaters

Cheaters / Lamers List

View Thread
 Print Thread
Server Freezing
Welshtaffv
I have applied to join the con Clan because there is no abuse and players are so friendly etc, Although learning the new levels takes time and there are some real good player on here.
Well when a new game level loads or starts ,or after respawning if I respond quickly the page freezes , does anyone else suffer this on this server or is it my computer.
All responses to this thread welcomed.

Welshtaffv

Tiggy
yeah i have the same problem wen i first come in the game i frezz the get killed and then sometimes i get kicked off its anoying dose any 1 know how to solve that ??Dunno

-=CoN=-WebAdmin
Hello and thank you for your post.

Welshtaffv wrote:
I have applied to join the con Clan because there is no abuse and players are so friendly etc,

If you have applied for membership I have not received a membership request. Please fill out the membership request at the following link:

http://teamcon.ne...?page_id=2

We would be glad to have you as a prospect.

Welshtaffv wrote:
Well when a new game level loads or starts ,or after respawning if I respond quickly the page freezes , does anyone else suffer this on this server or is it my computer.

Our server runs a couple of anti-cheat mutators. The way these work is when you join or a new map starts the players are checked for cheats. There will be a small freeze or lag when this first starts but should clear up quickly after the check is done. These mutators are extremely important to ensure fair play for all. If you have a slower connection this validation can take longer. I hope this answers your question. If you feel this issue is more than this please let me know.

-=CoN=-annmarie wrote:
yeah i have the same problem wen i first come in the game i frezz the get killed and then sometimes i get kicked off its anoying dose any 1 know how to solve that ??Dunno

Ann,
I know yours is related to ping. You are a long way from the server and this can happen with higher pings. I am always looking for ways to reduce the validation time for higher pings.

Thanks,
Edited by -=CoN=-WebAdmin on 09-28-2009 09:45 PM

https://Teamconsnipers.com
Draco
Sometimes, folks have problems with the anticheats because their netspeed isn't configured correctly.
The lowest netspeed you should be able to run would be about 2900. The fastest(up to 20000) the server will allow someone to go depends on what the admin has set it at. If you set the netspeed too low, you may not be allowing yourself enough bandwidth to complete the checks in the allowed time. This results in nasty time-outs in UTDC. Sometimes the checks complete, sometimes they don't don't.

To optimize your netspeed, keep this chart in mind.

2900 = dial-up
5000 = ISDN/slow DSL
10000 = cable/fast DSL
10000 - 20000 = fast cable/T1

To find out your netspeed, start the game and join your favorite server. Hit the F6 key and read the last line in the upper right corner. See if it is comparable to what the chart above states should be for your internet connection. Adjust accordingly.

If the netspeed is set too low, your missing out on effects and such (because the server only keeps track of the more important stuff) that you would normally see with a correct setting as well as nuisance time-outs. You run your netspeed too high and you could be losing packets due to the server trying to send you more than your connection can handle. To change your netspeed, disconnect from the server and open the console by hitting the ` key located just below the ESC key. Type into the console netspeed XXXX substituting the X's for numbers. Please keep in mind some servers actually monitor players netspeeds because admins don't want people changing netspeeds on the fly so make sure you disconnect before changing the netspeed.

You can never get rid of that lag/lock-up upon joining but optimizing your internet connection in game will definitely help reduce it and make it more comfortable. Have a good one.

~Johnny Jones

http://www.funclansnipers.com
-=CoN=-WebAdmin
Great post Draco.

Thank you.

https://Teamconsnipers.com
Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not A Member yet? Click here to register!

Forgot your password? Forgot your password?

Team Speak
teamspeak Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Game Tracker 2

Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12-04-2023 05:26 PM
Please welcome in my Son Ryan as RyDawg91

11-16-2023 04:51 PM
hi we still play every night

08-08-2023 08:05 PM
I just wanted to stop in to say HELLO Smile Cool Carrot

07-21-2023 04:59 PM
Whats up folks? What happened to Lady_Widow, says she's former member.

04-24-2023 11:24 PM
I'm carrying a smoll baby future player in my womb. lol

01-27-2023 04:48 PM
Hi All, love to play again been tied up with interstate work for long periods need some practice see u all soon. Gun Hi

05-27-2022 10:03 PM
So what's everybody up to

02-16-2022 04:57 PM
All, I have started advertising our website and servers on UT forums through FB... Let's start playing again on our servers to start recruiting!!! Pet

02-03-2022 08:23 PM
hey super doing good and u!!

02-02-2022 11:07 PM
Wanted to jump on and check in on all you peeps! Hope you're all doing well! Grin

-=CoN=- Affiliates

c-opsclan.com

LAGG

Link to us
teamconsnipers.com