World Clock

No Cheaters

Cheaters / Lamers List

View Thread
Team-=CoN=- Snipers » General Public » Tutorials
 Print Thread
UTP source code/ PHP scripting tutorial
gopostal
S9 has been gracious enough to allow me to release the UTP source code and extras here. Thank you guys for hosting it.

What is UTP?
UTP was a world-wide banning system where people who were caught by ACE could be entered into a global database. Gameservers (once whitelisted) could then check all players who joined the server against the database. If you matched as a known cheater then you were kicked from the server and your console popped up with your "BanID". If you tried to return you were banned by IP.

The beauty of UTP is that once you set up your database on a website almost everything can be handled via webscripts. For example see these demonstration links:
http://www.utrust...layers.php This shows the players caught and it updated instantly.
http://www.utrust...ervers.php This shows the servers you have whitelisted, as well as servers who try to use your mod without permission
http://www.utrust...search.php This lets you search the database instantly
Bans can also be added/removed/edited via the web interface as well as direct editing of the database (whichever you prefer).

The existing ban list can be researched here: http://utrustedpl...um.php?f=2 I have many more to add so if someone would like to take it over just let me know. It might be nice to have a global list that everyone can share, it's just taking the time to keep it updated. I'd show you how if you are interested though.

I have uploaded the source code for both the client and server mods, the PHP scripts, the existing UTP database SQL file, and line-by-line instructions on how to make this work for you. Because the mod is specific to your server I cannot upload a compiled version but I heavily commented the source code and included an extensive readme so with a little effort you can make this do just about anything you want for your server group.

I expect there to be questions so I'll check back periodically.

As an aside I'm encouraged by the upswing in anticheat development. However I truly think that vigorous player banning is going to be the final solution. Mods like this are the way to go in anticheat. A great portion of the problem players have already been identified, now they just need to be removed from the server every time they try to play.

Mod download: http://teamcon.ne...ad/UTP.zip I left in the version3 readme stuff in the zip so you can see what lists in the ini files and how server admins installed the mod.

Thank you guys for your interest and I hope this work helps you in dealing with the more troublesome players.
Edited by gopostal on 03-06-2012 10:02 AM

Letylove49
thanks for the release but i'm unable to compile it

Warning: Failed to load 'UTPv4LetyServer.u': Can't find file 'UTPv4LetyServer.u'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file 'UTPv4LetyServer.u'
Log: Analyzing...
Log: FactoryCreateText: Class with ClassFactoryUC (0 1 ..\UTPv4LetyServer\Classes\UTP_AKA.UC)
Log: Imported: Class UTPv4LetyServer.UTP_AKA
Log: FactoryCreateText: Class with ClassFactoryUC (0 1 ..\UTPv4LetyServer\Classes\UTP_BE.UC)
Log: Imported: Class UTPv4LetyServer.UTP_BE
Log: FactoryCreateText: Class with ClassFactoryUC (0 1 ..\UTPv4LetyServer\Classes\UTP_IPban.UC)
Log: Imported: Class UTPv4LetyServer.UTP_IPban
Log: FactoryCreateText: Class with ClassFactoryUC (0 1 ..\UTPv4LetyServer\Classes\UTP_KickLogger.UC)
Log: Imported: Class UTPv4LetyServer.UTP_KickLogger
Log: FactoryCreateText: Class with ClassFactoryUC (0 1 ..\UTPv4LetyServer\Classes\UTP_Link.uc)
Log: Script vs. class name mismatch (UTP_Link/is)
Log: Imported: Class UTPv4LetyServer.is
Log: FactoryCreateText: Class with ClassFactoryUC (0 1 ..\UTPv4LetyServer\Classes\UTP_SA.UC)
Log: Script vs. class name mismatch (UTP_SA/is)
Log: Imported: Class UTPv4LetyServer.is
Log: Parsing UTP_KickLogger
Log: Parsing UTP_AKA
Log: Parsing UTP_BE
Error: L:\UnrealTournament\UTPv4LetyServer\Classes\UTP_BE.uc(15) : Error, Unrecognized type 'UTP_Link'
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Failed due to errors.
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: CompileError
Critical: TryCompile
Critical: FScriptCompiler::CompileScript
Critical: (Class UTPv4LetyServer.UTP_BE, Pass 0, Line 15)

same erreor if i use UTPV4 for name

gopostal
I PM'ed you pretty much this same message but it needs to be placed here too.

You can't just change the mod name and then compile it and expect it to work. There are edits to be made inside the mod itself (see the comment lines) and you have to do those. Also this mod has built in dependency to ACE and so ACE will need to be in the server packages when you compile.

The mod is very specific to the server group wanting to use it so you'll have to make changes in the code to accommodate your group. I'm not really interested in doing a line-by-line explanation, there is more than enough information in the comments for a mid-level coder to figure out exactly what's going on. Think of this source as a framework but it's going to require a bit of effort on your part too to make it work. As I said privately I'll answer some general questions but I'm not going to be tech support for this mod and explain it down to the class. Everything is there, just take your time and learn how to use it.

Edit: I was looking over your error lines...I see several things in there that are just....well, wrong. Didn't I send you coding school Lety?
Edited by gopostal on 03-06-2012 02:41 PM
Yeah, I've paid my dues, you can keep the change.

Letylove49
i have wootgrealexporter but if you have another tool you can send it to me please thx.

gopostal
Here is another download I'm going to post:
http://www.gopost...school.zip
This is a suite of tools that will let you edit and compile code. Use the readme to install (most of it requires no real installation, just unzipping). A good rule of thumb is to use Context (or Notepad++) to code and UccCompv2.exe (included) to compile your mods.

I'll make a proper post for this toolbox with a good tutorial but you will see it for what it can do already.
Yeah, I've paid my dues, you can keep the change.

Letylove49
thanks Gopo

Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not A Member yet? Click here to register!

Forgot your password? Forgot your password?

Team Speak
teamspeak Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Game Tracker 2

Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12-04-2023 05:26 PM
Please welcome in my Son Ryan as RyDawg91

11-16-2023 04:51 PM
hi we still play every night

08-08-2023 08:05 PM
I just wanted to stop in to say HELLO Smile Cool Carrot

07-21-2023 04:59 PM
Whats up folks? What happened to Lady_Widow, says she's former member.

04-24-2023 11:24 PM
I'm carrying a smoll baby future player in my womb. lol

01-27-2023 04:48 PM
Hi All, love to play again been tied up with interstate work for long periods need some practice see u all soon. Gun Hi

05-27-2022 10:03 PM
So what's everybody up to

02-16-2022 04:57 PM
All, I have started advertising our website and servers on UT forums through FB... Let's start playing again on our servers to start recruiting!!! Pet

02-03-2022 08:23 PM
hey super doing good and u!!

02-02-2022 11:07 PM
Wanted to jump on and check in on all you peeps! Hope you're all doing well! Grin

-=CoN=- Affiliates

c-opsclan.com

LAGG

Link to us
teamconsnipers.com