World Clock

No Cheaters

Cheaters / Lamers List

View Thread
Team-=CoN=- Snipers » General Public » Public Chat
 Print Thread
Tournament Suggestions Wanted
-=CoN=-WebAdmin
First thank you to everyone that played in the St. Patty Tournament. As everyone knows we always try to make the next tournament better. One thing we are going to do is everyone will register separately and then the teams will be randomly generated.Please post any comments, complaints, or suggestions to take into consideration for next time!

https://Teamconsnipers.com
-=CoN=-Jookie
I think it would be awesome to do a Fall tournament in addition to this one. That would give us 2 tournaments a year and we could do different styles for each.

And of course, 2 different awesome badges!!
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and terrified like the passengers in his car.

-=CoN=-Jookie
I also love the idea of doing random pairings for the 2v2 tournament.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and terrified like the passengers in his car.

-=CoN=-Beast
I agree with jookie on both posts and Again Thanks so Much Strych.
"Gotta be somebody needs some killin."
i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/oToDBeast/810350-1920x1080-137580_zpsdd1d4fa8.jpg

-=CoN=-X
Thats a great idea and mostly my fault.I had a ringer partner and for that I appoligize

-=CoN=-WebAdmin
-=CoN=-X wrote:

Thats a great idea and mostly my fault.I had a ringer partner and for that I appoligize

oh not at all. We want the best to play, makes it more fun. The random team idea came up long before the tournament even started.

You guys did a great Job!!
Edited by -=CoN=-WebAdmin on 03-17-2013 04:34 PM

chamberly
I think it kinda looked like every1 partnered up with their fav but idk. it just went pretty hard on me lol.

-=CoN=-WebAdmin
chamberly wrote:

I think it kinda looked like every1 partnered up with their fav but idk.

Isn't that what you do when you form a team or am I missing something here? The only reason we are doing random next time is to add a little extra excitement to the mix. I have no problem with people picking teams and may go back to it if the random teams idea doesn't work out. Everyone is friends with each other here and It was all just for everyone to have fun and hang out.
Edited by -=CoN=-WebAdmin on 03-17-2013 04:30 PM

-=CoN=-MoM
-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote:

chamberly wrote:

Isn't that what you do when you form a team or am I missing something here? The only reason we are doing random next time is to add a little extra excitement to the mix. I have no problem with people picking teams and may go back to it if the random teams idea doesn't work out. Everyone is friends with each other here and It was all just for everyone to have fun and hang out.
yes it was fun i no i wafn,t here at the time i will be at the next one i hope lolGrin
mewe

mewe.com/i/ronlawless

FaceBook

www.facebook.com/...ef=tn_tnmn

EMail

ronlawless@ymail.com
mom@teamcon.net

You Must Never Hesitate For that is the way of the Ninja

www.Teamcon.net
chamberly
-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote:

chamberly wrote:

I'm really not sure... lol! I would think it would be nice, if all other agree to want to do so. Tbh, if PS wasn't going to play I would've brought Puzzle with me. lol.

It's ok PS we did try good enough lol. Drunks

forgot to mention... I think the maps picks are kinda weird and out of ordinary a bit like nursery. I did find some hidden textures in Magdalena tho. If you go to where the armor on the beam are, I think 1st one over to the right or 2nd and 3rd, you just walk straight into the wall and sit there... but you'd also have to be aware of image dropping.

I wasn't too sure about the nursery map that had the secret wall/room by the right of the pic still in that map.

I was wondering if anyone like to pick their fav 1v1/2v2 map as a choice and 3rd 1 to be random or something.
Edited by chamberly on 03-17-2013 09:13 PM

-=CoN=-WebAdmin
chamberly wrote:

I'm really not sure... lol! I would think it would be nice, if all other agree to want to do so. Tbh, if PS wasn't going to play I would've brought Puzzle with me. lol.

I want to address this first. PS did great and did -=CoN=- proud, as did everyone! This was for fun and nothing more. Second this was an invitation only so you would not have been able to bring someone with you.

chamberly wrote:
forgot to mention... I think the maps picks are kinda weird and out of ordinary a bit like nursery. I did find some hidden textures in Magdalena tho. If you go to where the armor on the beam are, I think 1st one over to the right or 2nd and 3rd, you just walk straight into the wall and sit there... but you'd also have to be aware of image dropping.

I wasn't too sure about the nursery map that had the secret wall/room by the right of the pic still in that map.

I was wondering if anyone like to pick their fav 1v1/2v2 map as a choice and 3rd 1 to be random or something.

I chose the maps and posted them ahead of time. Please explain to me how the nursery map is weird? I am all for comments but I need a little more to go on. It is a wide selection of maps. Some large some small. It is to see if the true champ can adjust to all kinds of map styles so not sure what you mean. I opened Magdalena up in map editor and there is no hidden spot that I can see so maybe you can give more info to find it.
Edited by -=CoN=-WebAdmin on 03-18-2013 08:40 AM

-=CoN=-Twisted_Soul
The tournament was great being involved for the second year-all just for fun -looks everyone had a great time even x,s ringer

-=CoN=-Jookie
-=CoN=-X wrote:

There was no problem at all X. You guys played great and I would call you the ringer. Thumbs Up We have been talking about the idea of random pairings for a couple of months. We just thought it would be a fun idea.
Edited by -=CoN=-Jookie on 03-18-2013 09:08 AM

-=CoN=-Jookie
chamberly wrote:

This was not a public tournament. You were invited to our tournament because you are a "Friend of CoN." Nothing about our tournament was out of the ordinary. No reason to get bent out of shape about losing. You played great and we all had a blast!

-=CoN=-Jookie
Another suggestion...We should gather stats during the next tournament. I think it would be interesting to see Efficiency and that sort of thing.

-=CoN=-WebAdmin
Ok an idea I have to throw out there is what about doing round robin style instead of double elimination? It would do a few things.

1. No one is eliminated. Everyone plays the same amount of matches. Every team plays each other.
  2. You would have a complete schedule of every match from beginning to end. Team with best record at the end wins.
  3. We would not have to find a certain number of teams. For example in this last tournament we had to have 8 teams. It can be done with any amount where as a double elimination has to have teams in powers of 2 to work well.

Also there would be a lot more matches, which would necessitate running 2 tournament servers. If you have 8 teams in round robin there are a total of 28 matches. Each team plays 7 matches.

Here is an example: http://www.printy...print.html

Now the disadvantage of this style is noted on the site as this:

"The round robin tournament is not as exciting, for the most part there is no championship final match. The matches in the later half of the tournament could have no impact on the final outcome of the tournament. One team may not be in the running for the championship, so therefore may not give as much effort."

What are the thoughts on this?
Edited by -=CoN=-Jookie on 03-19-2013 02:39 PM

chamberly
-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote:

chamberly wrote:

I want to address this first. PS did great and did -=CoN=- proud, as did everyone! This was for fun and nothing more. Second this was an invitation only so you would not have been able to bring someone with you.

chamberly wrote:

I chose the maps and posted them ahead of time. Please explain to me how the nursery map is weird? I am all for comments but I need a little more to go on. It is a wide selection of maps. Some large some small. It is to see if the true champ can adjust to all kinds of map styles so not sure what you mean. I opened Magdalena up in map editor and there is no hidden spot that I can see so maybe you can give more info to find it.

Understandable... but reading the tournament was a bit confusing and I wasn't sure how it all worked since (FN) ladders are different.

The Nursery map was weird to me imo because of the certain, and how it is a box sized map and not like other 1v1 map that I know of such as Deck16][, Rose, default maps, etc... but that's just me, since I'm not used to play with the map as 1v1/2v2 style of idea. I'm more specific wise of playing maps than just trying to win at anything in everything. Even regardless how many other game types I play.

Seem a conflict, if this is suppose to be a fun thing, and you mentioned a championship that goes for everything.

The Magdalena... I can get on the server and show you. At any time, let me know and I'll be there. You can spec or look at it in player.

& since from start, I usually thought X & Zimo would win. lol... (but never knew how you and jookie would play against me and PS, since i hardly seen both of you play. mr. secrets lol!) I'm not sure about the robin thing you mentioned, it seem like it would be played longer than usual, and I think it is possible to point out the win but up to you how you want to customize it, I guessing it's easier than reading the tournament for me lol.

Well yeah it has been fun. There has been surprising outcome on the matches.

LOL

gg
Edited by chamberly on 03-19-2013 09:47 PM

-=CoN=-Jookie
I love the idea of a round robin tournament!!

-=CoN=-X
-=CoN=-Jookie wrote:

-=CoN=-X wrote:

There was no problem at all X. You guys played great and I would call you the ringer. Thumbs Up We have been talking about the idea of random pairings for a couple of months. We just thought it would be a fun idea.
Thanks Jookie really appreciate that.Glad we won but either way that was a blast.The one thing I noticed spectating and playin was how much we all have improved since last year.I think we should do it more often no matter which way we do it.

-=CoN=-Beast
Here Here!!!!
"Gotta be somebody needs some killin."
i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/oToDBeast/810350-1920x1080-137580_zpsdd1d4fa8.jpg

Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not A Member yet? Click here to register!

Forgot your password? Forgot your password?

Team Speak
teamspeak Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Game Tracker 2

Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12-04-2023 05:26 PM
Please welcome in my Son Ryan as RyDawg91

11-16-2023 04:51 PM
hi we still play every night

08-08-2023 08:05 PM
I just wanted to stop in to say HELLO Smile Cool Carrot

07-21-2023 04:59 PM
Whats up folks? What happened to Lady_Widow, says she's former member.

04-24-2023 11:24 PM
I'm carrying a smoll baby future player in my womb. lol

01-27-2023 04:48 PM
Hi All, love to play again been tied up with interstate work for long periods need some practice see u all soon. Gun Hi

05-27-2022 10:03 PM
So what's everybody up to

02-16-2022 04:57 PM
All, I have started advertising our website and servers on UT forums through FB... Let's start playing again on our servers to start recruiting!!! Pet

02-03-2022 08:23 PM
hey super doing good and u!!

02-02-2022 11:07 PM
Wanted to jump on and check in on all you peeps! Hope you're all doing well! Grin

-=CoN=- Affiliates

c-opsclan.com

LAGG

Link to us
teamconsnipers.com