World Clock

No Cheaters

Cheaters / Lamers List

View Thread
Team-=CoN=- Snipers » General Public » Public Chat
 Print Thread
10th Anniversary of Unreal Tournament !
Mr.P
Today is a special date for all those loving UT... Grin ...you say what ??? Well, today is the 10th anniversary of Unreal Tournament...exactly, on 20 November 1999 was released UT ! Only one year later (October 2000) was released the well known "Game of the Year" edition. UT hit the mark.

Today, after 10 years, in spite of new and surprising pc and consoles videogames, UT is still alive and awesome, an endless game. The proof is the large number of communities, clans and people who still play UT all over the world. In my opinion, neither the three following series (UT2003, UT2004 and the last UT3), with their advanced graphic and audio effects, do have the original fast and exciting style game of UT.
At present time there is even a development project, called "UT99 Extension Pack" (still in beta), which aims to update (and some work has already been done) the Unreal Engine with new and better graphic features to set UT experience to a new level. When completed, I hope this project will be a great success among the mappers in UT community.

UT is the first multiplayer game I played in my life and it struck my imagination. When a college buddy showed it to me for the first time, I said delighted "finally I've seen the light" as did John Belushi in "Blues Brothers"...some weeks after, I gave UT to my friend Diego and so he saw the light too...now he is "Buffalo_Bill" in team -=CoN=-. From that moment, there were only LAN and WAN parties, map sites, mutators and frags, but this is old story...

I would like also to praise the game soundtrack, fantastic. Sometimes I still listen to the .umx tracker modules with the old but good MODPlug Player. Just yesterday I've downloaded the Unreal OST (1998), great !

Even if I am personally still devoted to "prehistoric" Commodore Amiga games like Kick-Off 2, Speedball and DynaBlaster (imho eternal videogames), I think UT is one of the best game ever made for pc...

...UT forever ! :b

Pietro

PS: To whom interested in "UT - the making of", I can send by email a nice PDF (12 pages, 800kCool taken from "PostMortems from GameDeveloper" (CMP Books, 2003)

http://www.ut99maps.net
-=CoN=-WebAdmin
Great post. Thank you for the information and Happy Birthday UT. Drunks

https://Teamconsnipers.com
CH1CANO
KisshPPY B-DAY UT I LOVE U
www.teamcon.net/forum/attachments/15c98da0f1da1562f7fe3f7647f76c8b_webee_1.jpg
The One n Only -=CoN=-Ch1cano Gun
LIVE IN FEARPeep

NATIVE
WOW 10 yrs man that is kool. well happy anniversary UT. I Love this server.;bDrunks

qHETTO:-:kRAZii
Helll yea

i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu186/BlAZZi3/iaohd.jpg

-<KtA>-DeAtHtAg
happy birthday UtDrunks

buffalo_bill
HAPPY B-DAY UT!!!

....AND THX TO PIETRO AKA MR.PANNOLINO WHO INTRODUCED ME 2 THIS AMAZING WORLD!!!ClapClapClap
Rock

Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not A Member yet? Click here to register!

Forgot your password? Forgot your password?

Team Speak
teamspeak Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Game Tracker 2

Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12-04-2023 05:26 PM
Please welcome in my Son Ryan as RyDawg91

11-16-2023 04:51 PM
hi we still play every night

08-08-2023 08:05 PM
I just wanted to stop in to say HELLO Smile Cool Carrot

07-21-2023 04:59 PM
Whats up folks? What happened to Lady_Widow, says she's former member.

04-24-2023 11:24 PM
I'm carrying a smoll baby future player in my womb. lol

01-27-2023 04:48 PM
Hi All, love to play again been tied up with interstate work for long periods need some practice see u all soon. Gun Hi

05-27-2022 10:03 PM
So what's everybody up to

02-16-2022 04:57 PM
All, I have started advertising our website and servers on UT forums through FB... Let's start playing again on our servers to start recruiting!!! Pet

02-03-2022 08:23 PM
hey super doing good and u!!

02-02-2022 11:07 PM
Wanted to jump on and check in on all you peeps! Hope you're all doing well! Grin

-=CoN=- Affiliates

c-opsclan.com

LAGG

Link to us
teamconsnipers.com