No Cheaters

Cheaters / Lamers List

View Thread
Team-=CoN=- Snipers » General Public » Public Chat
 Print Thread
SoulRain: real or fake ?
Mr.P
Hi,
I've read the comments of WigSplitter about SoulRain and I understand very well his point of view.
We have different opinions about SoulRain's gameplay because we all have different experiences in UT, being some of us come from Classic Arena style, others from sniper world. Truly, I can only say to have yet seen over the years other great players, maybe also more skilled than him with Shock Rifle or Rockets.
I think we could debate about SoulRain's abilities for years without finding an answer, but a good test could be a practical demostration "in loco".
So, why not to set up a match (the match of the year !) against him to test the abilities of the "UT master" as it was done by Draco and other players on FUN site ? pick up the 5 best CoN players and challenge him on 3 different maps.
It could be a awesome UT show for all of us !
I will pay to see a match like this (uhm...I hope that no one has recorded this last sentence...).

Pietro

http://www.ut99maps.net
WigSPLITTER
Well, with myself being such a skeptic, I personally would only play him if we could verify the computer he was playing on (again, any computer but his own and this would be highly unlikely) to me, this would verify his ability and make sure it was a fair, even match. Second, this clan is young and is no where in the class of the [FUN] clan so I would assume it would be another slaughter even with OUR best players.

Just to clairify, my post was only to provoke "thought" and not to accuse anyone of anything. I am quite sure there are far better players out there than anyone I have seen. My post was only to suggest that it IS possible that some incredible programmers have found a way to beat (or change) they way UT99 is played. Lets face it, we have certainly seen some incredible map development, Mods, skins and mutators over the years. Is it really that far fetched that someone has developed a way to "tweak" the game in their favor that is undetectable? In my mind, no.

Lastly, we have nothing to prove to this player, or anyone for that matter. If we beat him, great, if he beats us, great also.
The issue with UT99 is that it is almost truly impossible to detect players who utilize hacks WITHOUT the help of UTDC or other anti-cheat mods installed. Good programmers can take apart these programs to target their weakness and exploit the program without ANYONE ever knowing what is going on. This game has been out for over 10 years and the source code is all over the web for anyone to modify, play with, or develop along with every anti-cheat currently used. On top of that, there are 100's of old aim bots and hacks to play with and mod and I am SURE some have been re-engineered to not be detected by current anti-cheat standards.

Again, watching that video I see things that just dont happen in UT, even if your the best player out there. (Example, the plasma ball that travels across the floor of Deck 16 and he shoots it and kills the player on the other side of the map after he runs into the teleporter (I assume) to get to the other side of the map... Start at 8:14 to view this part. My other question? Look at the camera placement, almost like it was set up to be there (they highlight him before he kills the player) How convenient to have the camera right there waiting for him to just happen to show up. To me this is a 1 in 1,000,000,000 shot, but this player can consistantly do these things. If it looks like a duck and smells like a duck...its a duck.

Example of possible Wall Hack at 7:45 as he kills Plantars...He looks a down the walkway, looks to the right at the opening, scans more right, STOPS for 1 SECOND as if looking thru the wall and seeing someone, comes back out shoots a plasma ball at nothing (up the ramp) and Plantars shows up....hmmm Watch it a few time and you will see what I'm talking about. Very fishy. he DEFINATELY seems to know where players are going whether behind a wall or other object. He is able to follow their "flight path" or "trajectory" even behind walls, to me this strongly suggests a wall hack. This is my observation.

I guess my point being is that I dont see any good coming from a match against this player, but others may disagree.

My answer to the question posed....FAKE
Edited by WigSPLITTER on 01-22-2010 11:44 AM

Motor
Yes, some of the items in the video do looked staged. None the less to be able to do some of those things still takes talent. But if you play a map enough you learn where the spawn points are and for freestyle learn where to blind fire. Just from watching this video many many times I have learned some tricks and have now been identified as a suspected cheater by certain clans.

Now, I have talked with some former members of the [XiS] clan and have picked up on some UT99 video and mouse tweaks that have help improve my game. These tweaks do not change the game or give any real advantage. They are mostly things one would overlook when playing, like turning down the video quality or slowing the mouse speed.

SAMCRO
i am unfamiliar with soulrain..who or what is it? is he like the grandmaster of UT? someone care to share the link of the video your talking about?
-$c@tt

Draco
You'll find the video in this thread in a post made by me. SoulRain was the founder of a clan called [XiS] that absolutely terrorized the camping clans with how good they were. Everyone tried to hang them all as cheaters because they were so good. One member did get busted with a cheat and was subsequently thrown out of the clan but the fact that that one member got busted was enough proof that they all had to be cheating or so thought the camping clans. It was just desperation... All the accusers figured since they couldn't beat the best then they would discredit them. In my case, it was SoulRain/Ziggy that opened my eyes to the fact that just because someone is better doesn't mean they are automatically cheating. Have a good one.

~Johnny Jones

http://teamcon.ne...#post_4004
Edited by Draco on 01-22-2010 05:55 PM

http://www.funclansnipers.com
buffalo_bill
if it would be possible this match i would absolutely spectate....watching and playing with so skilled players can only improve the gameplay...Wink

Mr.P
Hi WigSplitter,
truly, I don't want you to change your opinion about anything (and I don't want anyone here to change his opinion about anything). You told us yet what you think about SoulRain and I don't want to debate with you or other people about his "supposed" abilities. Everyone has seen the video and can hold a personal opinion about it (moreover, everyone can find other similar videos on the net about sniper, xloc or classic all-weapons deathmatches). I personally respect every opinion.

As you pointed out well, the fact that no anti-cheat systems have blocked him doesn't mean he's not cheating. Yeah, the source code of the game is free by many years and a good programmer could overide game limits to create his own cheat stuff, not recognized by modern anti-cheat controls. True, holy words. I know a little bit the world of programming and I know that it's possibile going far beyond the limits of a software (for those chewing programming languages, it's enough to speak about "buffer overflow" to understand what it's possible doing with C++...)

My impression, based on my personal experience, is that he is not cheating. But it's only a sensation, not more, not less. It is certainly possible that I am wrong and for this reason I understand well your opinion, which has logic and solid justifications.
And surely you're right, you have nothing to prove to this player and also this player has nothing to prove to me/us. A match like that played by Draco on FUN server could be interesting not to understand if SoulRain is a UT zen master or a clown (and a good actor), but to see if some gameplay style can be really done or not and in which manner.

You may consider my proposal useless or even no sense but I am personally interested in going deeper into UT gameplay as much as I also know well that my interest may not be shared by others. No problem, this just an idea like a pebble thrown in a pond. Feel free to consider me a donkey :)

See you soon on servers,
bye

Pietro

PS: Do you know what is the real joke ? I've read the original post on FUN forum and it seems that SoulRain was available to pay everyone a 1$ if he would have been ass-kicked by someone. Guys, go on and frag him, WE CAN GET RICH...or die trying :=)

http://www.ut99maps.net
SinFive
My thoughts on this.. I do not mind having my butt handed to me.. Can not always walk away a winner. So if he is a cheat or not.. just to be able to kill him makes me happy.. Same with playing Fizz.. who started off on a lap top and slowly upgraded who can now kick my butt. He is called a cheater all the time... However, playing with for 1.5 years and seeing him gradually improve and seeing him spend countless hours playing really great players and having his butt handed to him is what helped him a better player in my eyes.

Soul has been playing this game for years.. so to me I do not listen to what others says as no one knows... I would say he is not but that is just me... when you get in the 1 v 1 servers ya learn a lot more .. well I know I have .....

Just my thoughts.... <3 Sinny Pet
Edited by SinFive on 01-23-2010 01:32 AM

[FUN]Fortress
My thoughts (not that it matters, because a player at my level can't tell what's good and what's bad) but after playing Modern Warfare 2 endlessly, I've seen just how a total newbie can go to a master with the right practice and amount of play time. Some people are just that good.

{oToD}Legendkiller
i will happily challange soulrain and see who is the real ut god if someone would like to set up a match with him that would be great and then pm me a date that we could both do. Gun Gun
legendkiller

[FUN]Fortress
Taking bets now! Bets anybody?? I'm sorry Legend, I know that you're very very very good, but I've seen Soul against me and 3 others hahaha don't worry, I still <3 and I bet it will be a great match!

SAMCRO
dude i would love to watch you (leg) and soul battle love it
secondly i just watched the video of soulrain mr.P sent me
ive only been playing steadly for the past 8 months or so pretty much since i joined -=CoN=-
i played off and on since the game orig came out though.

I dont think im awesome nor do i think i suck at the game i think my skills have a far ways to go
Nor do i know all that much about aimbot/radar or any cheats for that matter

I agree with how when you know a map you know where people will end up so you can blind shoot and know where to expect people same with playing the same peolpe you know there stile and they become somewhat predictable

However in watching the video yes it was well edited yes it doesnt show how he zoomed or his positions, etc. i think some shots from his rockets and plasma are a little tooo pre-planed (some shots were fired before he could see the person comming and it was insta frag) i think he def does have a ton of skill i am no where close to having but i duno somethings fishy about it

but like i said i havent been playing that long or know about specific mods/hacks/cheats/even certain skill levels people have for instance the way the sin5 and legendkiller play...i duno how they do it lol but i do know they're not cheats they're just awesome at the game

ive never played Soulrain or know him just skeptical is all
-$c@tt

Soulrain
-=CoN=-WigSPLITTER wrote:

Example of possible Wall Hack at 7:45 as he kills Plantars...He looks a down the walkway, looks to the right at the opening, scans more right, STOPS for 1 SECOND as if looking thru the wall and seeing someone, comes back out shoots a plasma ball at nothing (up the ramp) and Plantars shows up....hmmm Watch it a few time and you will see what I'm talking about. Very fishy.

I don't make it a habit of doing this anymore, cause in the end, I don't care... but... Have a look right before the shot... far left side.. see the smoke on the wall? Planters shot an alt fire flak out of that upper hallway, which he did several times before when he spawned there, Demi saw the smoke on the wall (again, good player + practice to notice stuff that fast) and turned to prefire knowing Planters would be coming around the corner...

Hi all.

SinFive
Hi Soul Smile!
How are yah babe?!Pet

buffalo_bill
hi soul! nice to have u here! i hope i can have some frag with u soon.............being killed by skilled players is the best way to learn the gameplay!:b

ps.the one who has to learn is me............^ ^

DeMo
Welcome soulrain, it good to see you here in how forum,

i hope to see you on the server somtime.Poke Fun
DeMo attached the following image:
sigg_5.gif

Edited by DeMo on 01-24-2010 05:41 PM

SAMCRO
hey soulrain! Smile hope to see ya on the server and learn some stuff Welcome
-$c@tt

Soulrain
-=CoN=-Legendkiller wrote:
i will happily challange soulrain and see who is the real ut god if someone would like to set up a match with him that would be great and then pm me a date that we could both do. Gun Gun

UT God is such an overused word, then again, I can beat the majority of self proclaimed UT gods 1 handed...

But hey, if this is a challenge, let's get it going... promise you won't leave until at least 1 minute into it though. Smile

[FUN]Fortress
Soulrain wrote:
-=CoN=-WigSPLITTER wrote:

Example of possible Wall Hack at 7:45 as he kills Plantars...He looks a down the walkway, looks to the right at the opening, scans more right, STOPS for 1 SECOND as if looking thru the wall and seeing someone, comes back out shoots a plasma ball at nothing (up the ramp) and Plantars shows up....hmmm Watch it a few time and you will see what I'm talking about. Very fishy.

I don't make it a habit of doing this anymore, cause in the end, I don't care... but... Have a look right before the shot... far left side.. see the smoke on the wall? Planters shot an alt fire flak out of that upper hallway, which he did several times before when he spawned there, Demi saw the smoke on the wall (again, good player + practice to notice stuff that fast) and turned to prefire knowing Planters would be coming around the corner...

Hi all.

It's all in the little details. From playing lots of Call of Duty lately, I can tell who's been where just from bullet holes and shell casings.

[FUN]Reaper
LOL!!!!! I love all the smack.
All i can say I used to play against XIS when I was with the HOH clan (We never won,) but it was always fun. I think they played us because no one else would. Please post the result of this. Good Luck to both!
i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/HOH_Reaper/reaperbanner-1.gif

Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not A Member yet? Click here to register!

Forgot your password? Forgot your password?

Team Speak
teamspeak Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Game Tracker 2

Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12-04-2023 05:26 PM
Please welcome in my Son Ryan as RyDawg91

11-16-2023 04:51 PM
hi we still play every night

08-08-2023 08:05 PM
I just wanted to stop in to say HELLO Smile Cool Carrot

07-21-2023 04:59 PM
Whats up folks? What happened to Lady_Widow, says she's former member.

04-24-2023 11:24 PM
I'm carrying a smoll baby future player in my womb. lol

01-27-2023 04:48 PM
Hi All, love to play again been tied up with interstate work for long periods need some practice see u all soon. Gun Hi

05-27-2022 10:03 PM
So what's everybody up to

02-16-2022 04:57 PM
All, I have started advertising our website and servers on UT forums through FB... Let's start playing again on our servers to start recruiting!!! Pet

02-03-2022 08:23 PM
hey super doing good and u!!

02-02-2022 11:07 PM
Wanted to jump on and check in on all you peeps! Hope you're all doing well! Grin

-=CoN=- Affiliates

c-opsclan.com

LAGG

Link to us
teamconsnipers.com