Team-=CoN=- Snipers » General Public » Public Chat
Is windows 7 good or bad?
Sure its good, better than vista Sure its good, better than vista 88%[7 Votes]
Not good, not worth the trouble Not good, not worth the trouble 13%[1 Vote]
Total Votes : 8
 Print Thread
Windows 7 & UT99 performance
Tree
I recently installed windows 7 32 bit and installed all the latest drivers and now the sound and video is choppy as ever and makes playing very difficult. It takes a few minutes just to load up my favs. Any suggestions for fixing this?BrickWall
No such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people...

-=CoN=-WebAdmin
You might try this for the slow fav loads:

http://teamcon.ne...serFix.zip

it is for vista but it may work.

https://Teamconsnipers.com
-=CoN=-Big_Rando
Well I have my new laptop with windows7 64-bit on it.. but I have not tried to load UT99 on it... I will give you my thoughts when I load it on... I will be mainly using my laptop for school and work, and my desktop for gaming.. but I wanted to see how well I can get ut99 to work on a 7 machine... also want to have a to-go computer for UT.. just in case I am traveling.. gotta get my UT fixGun
-=CoN=-Big_Rando

-=CoN=-TruckerClock
From what I have read on here windows 7 64 bit has issues with UTDC so you may be out of luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Tree
So far I havnt been able to figure it out, the game loads and utdc doesnt crash or anything but the performance is close to that of an old 386 with max graphics.. Ive got 2.4ghz intel p4, 1.5g ram, and decent hdd, ever other game plays fine, just ut99 hates me.
No such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people...

-=CoN=-Big_Rando
I have loaded ut99 on the laptop... no issues playing bots not online... I need to update the version and add in my skins and VP's... then I will see what happens when I try the server
-=CoN=-Big_Rando

-=CoN=-WebAdmin
Tree are you using OpenGL for the video? Might try that and see if it helps. Here is a link on how to up the brightness but about half way down it shows you how to switch to OpenGL.

http://teamcon.ne...ead_id=259

SAMCRO
tried using openGL on my xp and couldnt read any of the letters weather it was in teamsay or in the mainmenu.
It was all pixelated. Do you know if theres an easy fix for that weather its resolution or somethin needs to be changed in system files or somethin?
-$c@tt

-=CoN=-Big_Rando
OK so far I have installed UT99 and the patches... but I have not been able to get a server ping on anything... Checked my firewall settings and access is allowed for UT... any ideas?Dunno.. I know the master server is down now... but I tried o add -=CoN=- servers into my favorites and I still get nothing...
Edited by -=CoN=-Big_Rando on 03-01-2010 06:55 PM
-=CoN=-Big_Rando

-=CoN=-WebAdmin
-=CoN=-SAMCRO wrote:
tried using openGL on my xp and couldnt read any of the letters weather it was in teamsay or in the mainmenu.
It was all pixelated. Do you know if theres an easy fix for that weather its resolution or somethin needs to be changed in system files or somethin?

If you have the latest opengl dll it may be an issue with drivers for your video card. Did you get them downloaded and updated?

-=CoN=-Big_Rando wrote:
OK so far I have installed UT99 and the patches... but I have not been able to get a server ping on anything... Checked my firewall settings and access is allowed for UT... any ideas?Dunno.. I know the master server is down now... but I tried o add -=CoN=- servers into my favorites and I still get nothing...

I know the link in post #7 helps this in vista. I would think it would be worth a try in windows 7.

-=CoN=-Big_Rando
Thanks Strych9 that did work... am having the UTDC crash issue now... but now that the load issue is fixed I can work on UTDC... If I come up with any fixes I will definitely share ASAP...

Frag-on!Gun
Edited by -=CoN=-Big_Rando on 03-02-2010 09:52 AM
-=CoN=-Big_Rando

SAMCRO
i dled the opengl DLL from the link for screen brightness. Is that the latest one or is there a newer update
-$c@tt

-=CoN=-WebAdmin
-=CoN=-Big_Rando wrote:
Thanks Strych9 that did work... am having the UTDC crash issue now... but now that the load issue is fixed I can work on UTDC... If I come up with any fixes I will definitely share ASAP...

Frag-on!Gun

Glad to hear that it worked for you. The UTDC issue has been a hot topic amongst admins for about 5 or 6 months now. Unfortunately the development of UTDC has stopped so there will be no fix for the Windows 7 x64 issue. I will try to move us to ACE as soon as it comes out. More about that after the release and I know more.

Thank you,

-=CoN=-WebAdmin
-=CoN=-SAMCRO wrote:
i dled the opengl DLL from the link for screen brightness. Is that the latest one or is there a newer update

No the link in the brightness post is the latest. Might try the driver update.

Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not A Member yet? Click here to register!

Forgot your password? Forgot your password?

Team Speak
teamspeak Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Game Tracker 2

Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12-04-2023 05:26 PM
Please welcome in my Son Ryan as RyDawg91

11-16-2023 04:51 PM
hi we still play every night

08-08-2023 08:05 PM
I just wanted to stop in to say HELLO Smile Cool Carrot

07-21-2023 04:59 PM
Whats up folks? What happened to Lady_Widow, says she's former member.

04-24-2023 11:24 PM
I'm carrying a smoll baby future player in my womb. lol

01-27-2023 04:48 PM
Hi All, love to play again been tied up with interstate work for long periods need some practice see u all soon. Gun Hi

05-27-2022 10:03 PM
So what's everybody up to

02-16-2022 04:57 PM
All, I have started advertising our website and servers on UT forums through FB... Let's start playing again on our servers to start recruiting!!! Pet

02-03-2022 08:23 PM
hey super doing good and u!!

02-02-2022 11:07 PM
Wanted to jump on and check in on all you peeps! Hope you're all doing well! Grin

-=CoN=- Affiliates

c-opsclan.com

LAGG

Link to us
teamconsnipers.com