World Clock

No Cheaters

Cheaters / Lamers List

View Thread
 Print Thread
Relics & anticamping
Mr.P
Hi,
before I've played with Bill 2 matches with UZI on CoN 1on1 server.

On "1on1-(DaV)MiniLaby" map we have noticed relics were not present, a very odd thing: can it be a issue related only to this map ? Dunno

After, we have played on "StaircaseBoogie" map to test the new anticamping mutator on a map with no open spaces in order to see the effects on gameplay.
Well, we have observed anticamping sometimes activated just on respawn, pretty unfair. "CampTime=3" parameter seems to be too low.
The actual settings are the same hosted on FN or have they still to be adjusted to FN values ?

greetings,
Pietro

http://www.ut99maps.net
-=CoN=-BLSwagger
That's what was happening before. But it was dinging you 20 health, making you slow and FAT! roflmao

At least now it is just dinging health!BrickWall

http://teamcon.net
[FUN]Fortress
See, here's the problems with anti campers.... They're anti campers. Grinroflmao if you're moving constantly how can you focus!

buffalo_bill
.........as always u all do not answer to the questions.....SO ANNOYING!
Beauty is the curse of the world
....AND HAPPINESS IS A WARM POPPY!

-=CoN=-BLSwagger
well if I had the answer I would have gave it. So the answer between the lines is I have no clue about the map!!:o

[FUN]Fortress
-=CoN=-buffalo_bill wrote:

Aren't you just as bad as ME for that? I mean, YOU didn't answer it hahahahaha... And I GAVE an honest answer. "The problem with anti campers is that they're anti CAMPERS." Meaning any amount of stillness from the player counts as camping to the program and a player has to be moving pretty much 90% of the time, it can drive some players off the wall and cause them to lose focus. There. I hope that I have re-answered the question again.

buffalo_bill
first: my no-answer is due to the fact that i was playing WITH MR.P....so the thread was by me 2...............
second: the thread was NOT ONLY 'bout "wot is anticamping?" but if:
- these are the same anticamper fn settings
- why playing on 1on1-(DaV)MiniLaby there are no relics
.......better read before answer........................Wink

[FUN]Fortress
can you form this in a sentence that I can understand hahahahaha.

[FUN]Fortress
Oh wait, my bad, I read it backwards and every other 3rd word. My reading skills are horrible hahaha.

buffalo_bill
next time i will add some pic 4 u

[FUN]Fortress
No need, I played a little relics and uzi today and I didn't see any problem with the anticamper. (probably because I'm not a camper Grin)

buffalo_bill
again...........................THERES NO PROBLEM WITH THE MUTATOR.......THE QUESTION IS: ARE THESE THE SETTINGS WE CAN FIND ON FN SERVER?
AND THEN......IS THERE A REASON WHY SOME MAPS DISPLAY NO RELICS (f.e. 1on1-(DaV)MiniLaby.....)?
stop
NOTHING MORE

Draco
When I formed the ladder in the beginning, I added the anti-camper to stop the campers. The UZI is just an awesome weapon and an extreme over-kill. If someone parked their ass in a corner and held down the fire button, you literally could not kill them. The ladder was meant to be all about high-paced skill and sitting in a corner spamming requires no skill. The idea was you spawn in running and you never stop running. Those who can't focus at those speeds got their butts beat. Well, figured I'd give you the history behind it. Have a good one.

~Johnny Jones

http://www.funclansnipers.com
Draco
again...........................THERES NO PROBLEM WITH THE MUTATOR.......THE QUESTION IS: ARE THESE THE SETTINGS WE CAN FIND ON FN SERVER?
AND THEN......IS THERE A REASON WHY SOME MAPS DISPLAY NO RELICS (f.e. 1on1-(DaV)MiniLaby.....)?
stop
NOTHING MORE

Some maps do not have relic spawn points in them. Those, you just have to use the ability god gave you or convince the admin of the ladder to remove that map.

~Johnny Jones

http://www.funclansnipers.com
Butterfly
Sig wrote:

Aren't you just as bad as ME for that? I mean, YOU didn't answer it hahahahaha... And I GAVE an honest answer. "The problem with anti campers is that they're anti CAMPERS." Meaning any amount of stillness from the player counts as camping to the program and a player has to be moving pretty much 90% of the time, it can drive some players off the wall and cause them to lose focus. There. I hope that I have re-answered the question again.

Don't know about that I'm a preety butterfly!butterflies r quick too.

[FUN]Fortress
or pray to god that they add relics (while I secretly pray that he removes the relic of 'vengeance' for being the cheapest easy kill relic in the game)

[FUN]Fortress
-=CoN=-Butterfly wrote:
Sig wrote:

Don't know about that I'm a preety butterfly!butterflies r quick too.

not as quick as that guy we fought this morning at FUN! Damn who WAS he???

-=CoN=-BLSwagger
Strych9 does all the updates to the game server....so only he can answer what the settings are at the moment. I do know that it only dings your health. The SLOW and FAT are turned off.

-=CoN=-WebAdmin
-=CoN=-Mr.P wrote:

On "1on1-(DaV)MiniLaby" map we have noticed relics were not present, a very odd thing: can it be a issue related only to this map ? Dunno

The relics are spawned on path nodes. If the map was made with no path nodes then there will be no relics. daviddu63 made this map and I assume he did not put path nodes in it. I am going to go back and look at all the maps and may remove some / all that does not have path nodes. Should only be a few.

-=CoN=-Mr.P wrote:
Well, we have observed anticamping sometimes activated just on respawn, pretty unfair. "CampTime=3" parameter seems to be too low.
The actual settings are the same hosted on FN or have they still to be adjusted to FN values ?

It is set to FN rules except for the damage. It is 30 instead of 20, but it is 5 seconds and 128 radius. It would not matter if it were set to 3 or 300 if you spawn during the tick then you are going to get punished because your check spot is the same as your current spot.

Thanks,
Edited by -=CoN=-WebAdmin on 05-30-2010 04:38 PM

https://Teamconsnipers.com
Mr.P
Hi Strych9,
thanks for the infos.
I guessed the issue about relics was related to the map and not to the mutator but I never heard about "path nodes", really don't know much about mapping, truly almost nothing. Thanks also to Draco for pointing out the issue in a previous post. And yes, it's better to remove all those maps without path nodes (I think Bill's maps don't have path nodes too).
I wanted to send you new maps for 1on1 server (maps hosted on FN server and used on 1vs1 UZI ladder, not present on CoN server) but now I've to test them on local to see if they "support" relics. I think so but it's better to check them all, one by one.

Thanks also for the infos about anticamping mutator.
Ok, we know now we must run also during respawn to avoid to get punished. If the actual settings are those hosted on FN, we need only to get used in it during respawn. No problem at all.

greetings,
Pietro

http://www.ut99maps.net
Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not A Member yet? Click here to register!

Forgot your password? Forgot your password?

Team Speak
teamspeak Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Game Tracker 2

Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12-04-2023 05:26 PM
Please welcome in my Son Ryan as RyDawg91

11-16-2023 04:51 PM
hi we still play every night

08-08-2023 08:05 PM
I just wanted to stop in to say HELLO Smile Cool Carrot

07-21-2023 04:59 PM
Whats up folks? What happened to Lady_Widow, says she's former member.

04-24-2023 11:24 PM
I'm carrying a smoll baby future player in my womb. lol

01-27-2023 04:48 PM
Hi All, love to play again been tied up with interstate work for long periods need some practice see u all soon. Gun Hi

05-27-2022 10:03 PM
So what's everybody up to

02-16-2022 04:57 PM
All, I have started advertising our website and servers on UT forums through FB... Let's start playing again on our servers to start recruiting!!! Pet

02-03-2022 08:23 PM
hey super doing good and u!!

02-02-2022 11:07 PM
Wanted to jump on and check in on all you peeps! Hope you're all doing well! Grin

-=CoN=- Affiliates

c-opsclan.com

LAGG

Link to us
teamconsnipers.com